Disaster management refers to manage the disaster. There are several aim of disaster management. Those are-
- Implementing the disaster management cycle (mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery) in the aspects of disaster management.
- Quick and effective communication system in every sector.
- Formulating and implementing disaster management policy, plan, law and regulations in regional, national and global sector.
- Reporting, analysing and monitoring risk performance, intensity etc.
- Planning and executing community, society based CDMP (Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP), DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction), CRA (Community Risk Assessment), CCRM (Climate Change Risk Management) and HRD (Human Resource Development), risk assessment, vulnerability analysis and reduction etc.
- Engaging with disaster education, training, research, adaptation and management activities.
- Coordinating and collaborating with all disaster management and related organizations, NGO’s, local and international agencies and creating strong network among them.
- Integrating with all other human, resource and development programs.